Friday, August 26, 2011

I used to do a lot of things, now I only do some of them

Here is a list of things I used to do:

  • worked in publishing
  • rode a bicycle to work
  • read my poetry in public places for real live audiences
  • brewed beer
  • baked bread
  • taught ESL
  • made sandwiches at a deli
  • did data entry late at night at an insurance company
  • made sauerkraut
  • met with other writers and discuss writing, books, sex, and publishing
  • got drunk with other writers
  • lived with a girlfriend
  • went on dates with women that I met on the internet
  • performed my poetry with an experimental band called Active Crime Transplant
  • helped set up charity art shows
  • designed books
  • played the banjo
  • collected typewriters
  • hosted a reading series
  • went to art museums and art galleries
  • got drunk
  • put my tongue into people's ears
  • corresponded with friends and strangers regularly

No comments: